Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I've stumbled.

The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the Lord holds them by the hand.
Psalm 37:23-24

I've been in need of encouragement lately and this is what I found. Or rather, what found me.

I've been bitter. Very bitter.

And resentful.

And I hate it. It keeps me from being happy for those around me and their blessings. Blessings that I prayed they would receive.

I struggle more often than I would care to admit to remember that I am exactly in the place that God means for me to be. I didn't screw up, I didn't wander off my path. God meant for me to be here. In this place. He has blessed me here, more than I could have imagined, more than I deserve.

And yet I still ask what I did wrong. What oportunities I missed. Why it isn't me.

Jealousy is an evil beast and the narcissistic nature of our society makes it even harder to overcome.

I've caught myself blaming others. And that's not fair. This is my demon to fight. I can turn off my cell, close facebook, and pick up my Bible.

And when I forget that, a psalm shows up on my computer screen reminding me that though I stumble, He has me by the hand.

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder why you get to feeling this way young lady. I think you are a fantastic, smart, resourceful person.

    I often wonder what it is you cannot do because that list has to be very short.

    The world will give you all the punishment you can stand, don't punish yourself.

    Are you perfect? Nope. None of us are.

    You are loved. I wish you weren't so hard on yourself.

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete